Sunday, March 23, 2008

The only explanation I can think of? Alternate universe

I played at Argosy last night. It was, I am not kidding, no exaggeration, the worst table of limit poker I have ever encountered in my life. I was at the point of wanting to find the chimp that plays poker and starting up a game with him in an attempt to improve the quality of play.

I know, I know, we love the fish. Don't tap the glass. If you can't clean up at that table how do you ever expect to be a winning player? But again, I maintain, that I would rather play at the high stakes table in Bobby's Room, because at least I am dealing with human beings who don't make me wonder how they even remember to breath they are so ignorant. Not card ignorant. Just ignorant. There was a guy who would call the flop bet, someone would raise, we'd all call, then the guy would re-raise with......10 high. 10 hi. 10. Yeah. He can be the Donk of the Week this week.

While one would think this is easy money, I have a hard time putting 40 bucks into a pot with A high simply because the man I am playing against is batshit crazy and it might be good. I hope to God, if I can go to Vegas this summer, that i can try some 5/10 and play in a game that isn't full of people who confuse limit poker with video poker or roulette. We'll see....

1 comment:

danielletbd said...

Call me when youhave a chance and tell me all about your plans for Vegas!!!!